FOR A SALE!
How Is It Possible To Achieve All Of The Necessary Touchpoints?
Before diving into this subject let me take some weight off of your shoulders with one word: automation. Yes, you should be creating quality content that is loyal to your voice and brand. But your day-to-day marketing tasks should be limited to just the few touchpoints that ONLY YOU can do. Everything else, including the distribution of your content should be automated or delegated. O.k., let’s go!
What Is A Touchpoint?
A touchpoint in marketing or sales can be defined as any interaction a person has with your brand. The collection of touchpoints that an individual has with your brand creates their experience. A touchpoint could be your product being mentioned in a conversation between friends on the other side of the world, or a customer walking into your store. It could be a viewer seeing an ad on social media, or a user signing up for your newsletter on your website.
I heard recently that it now can take 21 touchpoints before a sale. This is a much higher number than was estimated even in the recent the past (it was thought to be 7 or 8). This is due to the rapid speed of information turnover that we are exposed to every day through social media. This number seemed astonishing and impossible to achieve when I first heard it. I sat down to create a list of common touchpoints. The list grew to 43 common touchpoints! And there are certainly more.
What are the most important touchpoints in marketing and sales?
Touchpoints are not all created equal. There is a set of Touchpoints that you need to absolutely ensure are in place for this year. The Touchpoints are in the chart below. Five of those, The Golden Touchpoints, are the most critical. Once you have created/written/designed your content, distribution of that content can be automated, preset, or delegated. The 5 Golden Touchpoints are highlighted in gold, on the chart and are the action items that you should handle yourself, or delegate to someone very close to the heart and voice of your business.
How The Touchpoints Work Together
Read this first to better understand the chart. Here is a quick summary of how these Golden Touchpoints work together.
Digital Marketing Architecture
- Your published content (articles, photos, ads) is shared throughout your entire digital presence.
- Your content leads viewers back to your website or product page.
- Your audience connects with you via call, email, chat, Contact Form, or Opt-In.
- Nurture those potential customers through calls, emails, personalized service providing value.
- The customer clicks “buy” or walks up to your register with product in hand.
- Follow a delivery process that is highly personalized for your new customer.
- Give your customer an opportunity to review you or give you feedback.
- Respond to their feedback publicly.
- Stay in contact with them, continuing to add value.
Five Critical Touchpoints For 2020
- Video – You must have video published & shared on social.
- Blog/Articles – A must for SEO & having content to share
- Inbound Calls Or Chats – People have questions!
- Outbound Calls – Nurture your relationship with your clients
- Personalized Emails – Email is still very effective in establishing relationships!
You may have many of The Golden Touchpoints in place already. You need to ensure that each item is carefully crafted, and also that they are all working together and speaking in the same voice. This can be done through automation and the implementation of tools that will keep these touchpoints running while you practice your craft. Implementing automation and also delegating tasks will give you time to tend to those five important touchpoints that only you can address such as appearing in-person for meetings and events.
When you add to the number of touchpoints in your sales efforts, and stay consistent with your voice and brand at every point, you will experience a loyal customer base and increased engagement.
We want to be a part of your success. We are offering a “Golden Touchpoints” Ultimate Package in which we ensure these important elements are in place and working on a monthly basis. You can sign up for a two-hour consultation, or a full day intensive workshop. Click here to learn more!
Sales Touchpoint Automation Tools & Partners
The size of your team will determine which tools work best for you.
- CRM such as Simplero, Salesforce, GitHub, Zoho
- Email Marketing Tools such as MailChimp, Drip
- Online Payments Processing/Invoicing (Square, Stripe, Paypal)
- Content Creator Partner (Copywriter, Designer)
- Social Content Management Partner
- Website Maintenance Partner
- Reviews Management Partner
Full List Of Common Touchpoints
|4||Advertising||Online Membership Ad|
|7||Collateral||Bulletin Board / Roadside|
|16||Event||Booth at an event|
|18||Event||Speak at an event|
|19||Event||Sponsoring Event/Team, etc.|
|23||People||Face To Face Meeting|
|25||People||X||Referral/Testimonial From Client|
|26||Publication||Local Paper/Magazine Ad|
|27||Search Results||“Best Of” Article Appearance|
|28||Search||X||Search Engine Results|
|34||Store||Drive By Storefront|
Visit Store/See product on shelf
|37||Website||Website Home Page|
|39||Website||X||Website Product Page|
|41||Website||X||Website Opt-In Form|
|42||Website||X||Website Contact Form|